Management Buy-Outs (MBO) and Buy-Ins (MBI)
MBOs and MBIs can be an attractive and flexible alternative to a sale to a strategic buyer, allowing a vendor to realise value whilst potentially retaining a stake and incentivising key management. However, MBOs and MBIs can be difficult to execute due to the conflicting transaction dynamics between management and vendor. FRP Corporate Finance have significant experience of advising on these complex transactions and can provide the independence to navigate through the process and minimise disruption to the day-to-day running of the business.
FRP Corporate Finance can manage the MBO or MBI process from inception to completion and add value through:
- utilising our in-depth knowledge of the investor and funder community to advise on the likely level of and structure of funding available
- assisting in the development of a business plan, financial model and management presentations
- provide valuation advice
- identifying and approaching potential funders (both equity and debt)
- management of the due diligence process
- support with negotiation and structuring the transaction
- project management of other advisers
Where a management team may require additional depth, we can introduce experienced individuals through our FRP Transition network.
We have significant experience of advising on these complex transactions and can provide the independence to navigate through the process.